Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team to help us build the next generation of big data analytics platform with Apache Airflow and AWS.
- Develop ETL operations using Python, Spark, SqlServer, Redshift and Kafka.
- Develop the core tooling library to support Airflow data pipelines.
- Design and implement the testing framework for Airflow dags and write test cases.
- Document our systems for internal and external stakeholders
- Support business stakeholders, analysts and data scientists on diverse projects.
- Monitor and debug data pipelines running on Airflow.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Deliver quality work on tight deadlines.
- 3+ years of software development experience, preferably working with Python.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
- Good at taking abstract/ambiguous requirements and returning with a software implementation
- High work standards / Meticulous
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Good communicator
- Experience building systems with a framework, ideally Airflow (web frameworks are helpful, too)
- Experience with data manipulation tools like Pandas, or ideally Spark
- Experience with test automation
- Experience accessing data via an API
- Total control of Git
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Deployment tools (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Working knowledge of set-based querying (joins, etc…) ideally indexing, too.
- Hadoop/Spark experience
- AWS experience
- Web analytics experience
- Docker experience
- Jupyter (notebook) experience
- Log processing experience
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.